Updated: 30 October 2020
Following the further lifting of restrictions, more tennis activities are now available. However, a number of rules continue to apply and it is EVERY player’s responsibility to be familiar with and adhere to the the club’s requirements:
- Every player MUST sign in EVERY time they access the courts. You must sign in BEFORE accessing a court. The sign-in sheet is located next to the clubhouse door. This is a requirement and is not optional. Your contact information will be kept for 28 days.
- Singles and doubles is permitted.
- Maximum of four players per court.
- A maximum of 10 players (non-coaching) are allowed over each of the two banks of courts. Five courts (courts 4-8) along Fresno Street are available to members at all times. The five courts along Bluegum Drive (courts 1 & 2 and 9-11) are reserved for Vida Tennis during coaching periods. Outside of these times, members may use these courts.
- Coaches have different restrictions regarding how many players are allowed and Vida Tennis will manage that separately.
- Players must always maintain 1.5m of distance from other people at all times.
- The clubhouse is closed, except to access toilets or floodlights. Strictly only one person in the clubhouse at any one time.
- Courts are available to members only. No guests or court hire during the pandemic. If your membership has expired and you want to access the courts or you’re a guest who wants to play, you must purchase a membership online now.
- The number of people at the club must be limited, so anyone who is not actively playing tennis, having a lesson or working as a coach or maintenance staff is not allowed on the courts or within the club grounds.
- During coaching times, participants attending lessons must access the Bluegum Drive courts via the gate on court 9. Members must access the club via the gate on Fresno Street at all times and sign in before playing.
- If you have tested positive for Covid-19 and you’ve recently visited the club, please immediately contact club president Jerome Champetier de Ribes: 0420 817 814 and head coach Mark Peel: 0488 098 680.
- Please make yourself familiar with the full Tennis Victoria Return to Tennis guidelines.
- Bring your own filled water bottle, sunscreen and hand sanitiser, as the clubhouse is closed, except for toilets and lights.
- No handshakes allowed.
No community tennis competition is expected to start before 2021, and more information will be provided on that in the coming weeks.
Thank you to all our members for their ongoing support and for complying with all the requirements. We hope that the summer ahead will be safe, fun and full of tennis!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email the club: firstname.lastname@example.org