The mid-season Queen’s Birthday break gives us a chance to reflect on the season so far. Six rounds have been played so far with all Altona teams competing well. There are two more rounds to play before the school term break for the July holidays.
After Round 6, 15 out of 21 Altona teams are in a top four position. These teams are as follows:
Saturday: Section 1 (3rd), Section 3 (4th), Section 6 – Altona 2 (1st), Section 7 (4th), Section 8 (2nd), Section 15 (1st), Section 17 – Altona 1 (1st) & Altona 2 (3rd), Section 19 (2nd)
Sunday: Section 1 (2nd), Section 2 (3rd), Section 3 – Altona 1 (1st) & Altona 2 (3rd), Section 4 – Altona 1 (2nd) & Altona 2 (4th)
These results are outstanding, and all 21 teams should be proud of their efforts so far. Please use this link for updated ladders: WRTA Ladders
Also, a few notices and reminders:
- In most cases, but especially at home, players should arrive early to bag/water the courts and have a warm-up hit before starting play. This will ensure matches start on time
- Players and spectators are required to act sportingly and fairly towards others. If issues arise and aren’t solved on the day, please text or email the issue to Mark ASAP so he can pass on the information to the WRTA
- There are new club shirts – please contact Mark if you haven’t received yours yet
- There will be a couple of player order changes based on player stats in some teams. Mark will be in contact if this is applicable to your team
- Fixtures will occasionally change, please edit your fixture sheet when changes are necessary
- Please contact Mark well in advance if your child is sick so that a sub can be arranged
- Opponents may occasionally use four players. That has no affect on our team, only the doubles order for the opponents is adjusted
Finally, the Altona Tennis Club Facebook page will be used as a regular communication platform for updates and results. If you have any information, photographs etc., please send to Mark or Sean Spralja (email@example.com).
Good luck to all of our teams this weekend!